Speech and Language Services
All of New Haven Schools provide speech and language support for children needing intervention in the following areas:
*Articulation (speech sounds, lisp, unintelligibility)
*Pragmatic Language (social language/peer interaction)
*Fluency (stuttering, rate of speech)
*Augmentative and Alternative Communication/Assistive Technology
Home Practice Strategies and Activities
* Home practice is key to maintaining good speech!
* Practice daily for at least 5 minutes.
* Let your child select motivating activities that interest them.
* Model "correct" sounds for your child from time to time.
* Incorporate practice into what you are already doing around the house.
* Communicate with your SLP!
Home Practice Websites
(Targeted sounds in words for practice!)
*Speech Sound Development Chart
* How Does Your Child Hear and Speak? What should they be doing at each age.
* Specific Speech and Language Disorders
* Stuttering Foundation
* Information Regarding Autism Spectrum Disorder
* Assistive Technology
* Additional Community Speech and Language Providers