Welcome to New Haven Community School District! It is our goal to provide your family an experience with New Haven that exemplifies our mission: “Our Personal Best. Every Day. No Exceptions. No Excuses.” In effort to accomplish this New Haven Community Schools utilizes a centralized enrollment process. All resident and Schools of Choice students must be enrolled through our enrollment office, once they are officially enrolled they can then register at the appropriate school.

Below is a checklist of the required documents and information necessary to complete the student enrollment process. Because of the numerous state and local reporting guidelines, this can be a time-consuming and paper intensive process. It is our hope that by providing you with this checklist the experience will be less cumbersome.

Once you have completed the enrollment application and have gathered the required documentation, you may contact our enrollment office at 586-421-2432 to schedule an appointment. The New Haven Community Schools enrollment office is located at 30375 Clark St. New Haven, right across from the Lenox Library. 

Enrollment Documents

 All Schools  School Specific
         Student Emergency Card.docx

New Student Information.docx             

  Home Language Survey.docx         
 Concussion Awareness.docx       
    Technology Use.docx

Student Medical Condition.docx
Varicella Statement.pdf        

ECSE Records Request.docx

    NHE Records Request.docx
EEW Records Request.docx

MS Records Request.docx

HS Records Request.docx

HS/MS ONLY Affirmation of Prior Discipline.docx


Enrollment FAQ's

How do I know if my child is old enough for Kindergarten?

For the 2017-2018 school year, a child who resides in the school district may enroll in kindergarten if the child is at least 5 years of age on September 1, 2017 or apply for a waiver if your child’s birthday falls between September 2, 2012 and December 1, 2012.

What elementary school will my child attend?
New Haven Elementary School: 26 Mile Road and north - EAST of Rosell. 26 Mile Road and south, east of the railroad tracks to Hickey Road, district boundary ends.
Endeavour Elementary School: 26 Mile  Road and north - WEST of Rosell.  26 Mile Road and south, west of the railroad tracks to Hickey Road, district boundary ends.   

If we're thinking of moving to this area, how can we learn about your neighborhood schools?
You can find basic information in the Our Schools section of this web site. Feel free to call the school to arrange a visit and a tour by the principal.  

What records and reports do I need to enroll in the district?
Parents will need the following personal documents at registration:
Original Birth Certificate
Proof of Residency (utility bill, lease/purchase agreement)
Current Immunization Record
Varicella Form (if child had chicken pox)
Vision/Hearing Screening (Young 5's/Kindergarten Only)
A form to obtain the child's previous school record will be completed at the time of enrollment.

Does the district offer transportation?
Yes, the district provides bus transportation to each school building Kindergarten through twelve.  Certain pre-school programs have transportation provided.

What about child care arrangements? Are any offered through the schools?
We offer S.A.C.C. (School-Age Childcare) for kindergarten through fifth grade.  Extended care for preschool children is offered by our Little Rockets Childcare & Education Center for an additional charge.

What are the immunization requirements?
The State of Michigan requires all schools to review the immunization of all new students entering the district.  The immunizations are:

  1. Complete series of DtaP/Td with one dose in the last 10 years
  2. Three doses of polio
  3. Two doses of MMR
  4. Three doses of hepatitis B
  5. One dose of Varicella (chickenpox) if no history of the disease

For more information, please call the school building office where you will enroll your child.

BudgetMI School DataClick here to Learn More About New Haven