Kindergarten Q & A's

For the 2018-2019 school year, a child who resides in the school district may enroll in kindergarten if the child is at least 5 years of age on September 1, 2018 or  apply for a waiver if your child’s birthday falls between September 2, 2013 and December 1, 2013.

If we're thinking of moving to this area, how can we learn about your neighborhood schools?

You can find basic information in the Our Schools section of this web site. Each school telephone number is listed. By calling, you can arrange for a visit and tour by the principal.  You can also ask for a detailed Annual Report of the past year's programs and improvements. We can even put you in touch with current parents to get their insights on building programs and services.

What records and reports do I need to enroll in the district?
Parents will need the following personal documents at enrollment:

  • An original birth certificate
  • Proof of residence before enrollment begins; such as mortgage documents, Lease agreements, utility bills or charge-card statements
  • Any legal documents applying to custody (if applicable)
  • Complete immunization records
  • Mumps, measles and rubella.
  • The name, address and a telephone number of the child's current school

Are there any presentations available to incoming parents?  
Each school has an open house every fall to explain their programs of study to new parents.  If you miss the meetings for any reason, contact the school principal and an individual session can be arranged around your schedule.

Does the district offer transportation?
Yes, the district provides bus transportation to each school building K through twelve.  Certain pre-school programs have transportation provided.

What about child care arrangements? Are any offered through the schools?
We have child care arrangements. Please check with individual schools.

What are the immunization requirements?
The State of Michigan requires all schools to review the immunizations of all new students entering the district. 

      If necessary, waivers can be obtained from your local Health Department.  For more information, please call New Haven Elementary office at (586) 749-8360.

      When does the 2018-2019 school year begin?
      Tuesday, September 4, 2018.

      School-Age Child Care is a program that provides supervision for school age children before and after school in grades Kindergarten through fifth grade.  Before school times are 6:00-8:40 a.m. and after school times are 3:45-6:00 p.m. at the New Haven Elementary and Endeavour Elementary Wing. 

      There is a $25.00-child/$40-family registration fee, a $4.25 hourly rate for the first child and a $3.75 hourly rate for each additional child.  All rates are subject to change. 

      For more information, please contact your building SACC program:
      Endeavour SACC at (586)-749-8075
      NHE SACC at (586) 749-8136

      Enrollment packets are available throughout the school year and summer at the administration building, 30375 Clark Street (Village of New Haven) by appointment, please call 586-421-2432.

      For enrollment documents, visit our Enrollment Page
      BudgetMI School DataClick here to Learn More About New Haven