Dear New Haven Families,
We have had an unexpected absence with one of our drivers for this week, and therefore F Route with Ms. Marie AM/PM will be canceled Mon-Thurs. We will need parents to drive their children to and from school for Monday, Feb 28th-Thursday, March 3rd. We do have someone to cover the route for Friday.
Administrators will be emailing parents today who have a child on the route, but I've also included an attachment listing the different stops it makes for NHHS, Endeavour Middle School, and NHE. I know this is an inconvenience for parents, but with the shortage we have experienced all year with our drivers, it simply cannot be avoided. If you have any questions, please contact Steve Bruen at firstname.lastname@example.org
New Haven Community Schools
SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS NEEDED! UP TO $20/HOUR - Click on link to get more information.
2021-2022 School Year - If you have a question regarding your student's bus stop please email Steve Bruen at email@example.com.
If you have questions or concerns at any time of the year, please call the Transportation Department at 586-421-2560.
In order to ensure we live our mission every day of the year, we have the following practices in place:
Our drivers meet and exceed all state required certifications.
We are proud to announce that our bus fleet scored 100% perfect on the 2010-2011, 2012-2013 and 2014-2015 state bus inspection! Our buses go through regular routine maintenance and, when unforeseen repairs are necessary, they are repaired immediately. We have spare buses in the event a bus is taken off its route for maintenance.
Harsh Michigan winters can take a toll on our district roads, particularly the unpaved roads. In previous years the potholes were huge and we had to slow down our routes. In some cases, roads were impassible and routes were changed. Our Transportation Department sent out flyers and called parents personally if they were impacted. We’re a small school district. One of the advantages of our size is you receive a personal touch. We know you, and you know us. We make sure we communicate before any problems arise.
Our drivers care about your kids. They are usually the first person to see your son or daughter in the morning and the last district employee to say “good-night”. Over 80% of our students take a bus to and from school. We know you’re counting on us to deliver safe and friendly service. We value you and your children. We also value the positive relationship we have with you.
- Bus schedules are published on the district website and linked from your school’s website, or you can pick up a copy at any school building office.
- Students should be at their assigned bus stop a few minutes early.
- Be courteous to your driver and listen to all instruction.
- When waiting for the bus, stand back away from the curb and form one line.
- It is strongly recommended that a parent or an adult accompany their child(ren) to the bus stop and make sure they know the stop number at which they are to get off on the way home. Parents are also urged to make sure their child(ren) know which stop to get off and plan to meet them there.
- Kindergarten students will be dropped off at their homes or at assigned stops.
- Remain seated and face the front of the bus at all times.
- To promote safety, feet and belongings need to stay out of the aisle.
- Talk quietly. No loud shouting, screaming, or singing is allowed.
- Be absolutely silent at all railroad crossings.
- No eating or drinking on the bus.
- Do not stand up until the bus has stopped.
- Fighting on a bus is an automatic loss of bus riding privileges.
- Purposely damaging or defacing a bus in any way may lead to permanent denial of bus riding privileges.
Thank you for helping us to ensure a safe and caring transportation environment for your child!
p: 586-749-5123 option 5