How do I know if my child is old enough for Kindergarten?
For the 2017-2018 school year, a child who resides in the school district may enroll in kindergarten if the child is at least 5 years of age on September 1, 2017 or apply for a waiver if your child’s birthday falls between September 2, 2012 and December 1, 2012.
What elementary school will my child attend?
New Haven Elementary School: 26 Mile Road and north - EAST of Rosell. 26 Mile Road and south, east of the railroad tracks to Hickey Road, district boundary ends.
Endeavour Elementary School: 26 Mile Road and north - WEST of Rosell. 26 Mile Road and south, west of the railroad tracks to Hickey Road, district boundary ends.
If we're thinking of moving to this area, how can we learn about your neighborhood schools?
You can find basic information in the Our Schools section of this web site. Feel free to call the school to arrange a visit and a tour by the principal.
What records and reports do I need to enroll in the district?
Parents will need the following personal documents at registration:
- Original Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residency (utility bill, lease/purchase agreement)
- Current Immunization Record
- Varicella Form (if child had chicken pox)
- Vision/Hearing Screening (Young 5's/Kindergarten Only)
- A form to obtain the child's previous school record will be completed at the time of enrollment.
Does the district offer transportation?
Yes, the district provides bus transportation to each school building Kindergarten through twelve. Certain pre-school programs have transportation provided.
What about child care arrangements? Are any offered through the schools?
We offer S.A.C.C. (School-Age Childcare) for kindergarten through fifth grade. Extended care for preschool children is offered by our Little Rockets Childcare & Education Center for an additional charge.
What are the immunization requirements?
The State of Michigan requires all schools to review the immunization of all new students entering the district. The immunizations are:
- Complete series of DtaP/Td with one dose in the last 10 years
- Three doses of polio
- Two doses of MMR
- Three doses of hepatitis B
- One dose of Varicella (chickenpox) if no history of the disease
For more information, please call the school building office where you will enroll your child.