For questions about applying for scholarships please stop by the Counseling Office.
Pay attention to individual deadlines for each scholarship! Please read the application instructions on each website before applying.
Scholarships for Juniors Only
- Since 1984, the Horatio Alger Association ha awarded college scholarships to deserving students. The Association has awarded over $235 million in scholarships to over 35,000 students.
- Scholarship awards are given to deserving students each year ranging in value from $10,000 to $25,000.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time high school junior.
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor's degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the US.
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required)
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities.
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Hold a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Be a United States Citizen.
- Application deadline to be announced.
Scholarship Search Websites
When applying for scholarships, please remember:
- You should NEVER pay to apply for a scholarship
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Beware of "guaranteed" scholarships, or any unsolicited offer. Scholarship programs will never just offer you money unsolicited.
- The links below are all nationwide college scholarship sources for matching scholarships and schools.
- The largest and most comprehensive source for finding scholarships online and is 100% free for students to use. Sign up at Newsletter to receive a monthly scholarship newsletter directly to your email.
- Scholarship Newsletter - Deadlines between August 18, 2023 - November 10, 2023
- Mission is to bring awareness to scholarships and extracurricular competitions to help high school students earn "free money" for college tuition.
- Scholarships are available for students attending a college/university or a technical school.
- Connect with scholarships, colleges, financial aid and more.
- Find and apply for scholarships via a CommonApp type experience.
- Utilizes the National College Match process by matching high-achieving, low-income students with full four-year scholarships.
- Deadline is Tuesday, September 27th.
- Find scholarships, other financial aid and internships from more than 2,200 programs.
- Supporting students for over 60 years.
- Complete a profile and get matched instantly for scholarship you qualify for.
- HACU represents more than 500 colleges and universities committed to Hispanic higher education success in the US, Puerto Rico, Latin America and Spain.
Scholarships for Trade Schools
Imagine America offers scholarships for trade schools in Michigan. The schools listed below participate in the program. Take a look at these 2 schools to see if either might be a good fit for you or your student. If these schools interest you, request information from them. Remember to ask them about the Imagine America scholarship program as well.
Carnegie Institute (Troy, MI): Healthcare Industry related positions such as Cardiology Technician, Massage Therapy, Medical Assistant, Medical Insurance Biller, Medical Business Specialist, Vascular Technologist and more.
MIAT College of Technology (Canton, MI): Aviation, Energy Technology, HVACR Technician, Robotics and Automation and Welding Specialist programs.
MI Road 2 Work: Information of trade industry apprenticeships. How to apply, requirements and who to contact about apprenticeships in 24 different areas of work.
Scholarships for Vocational/Technical Schools:
Vocational Scholarships - comprehensive list of scholarships available for vocational career options.