SCHOLARSHIPS FOR TRADE SCHOOLS
Imagine America offers scholarships for trade schools in Michigan. The schools listed below participate in the program. Take a look at these 2 schools to see if either might be a good fit for you or your student. If these schools interest you, request information from them. Remember to ask them about the Imagine America scholarship program as well.
Carnegie Institute (Troy, MI): Healthcare Industry related positions such as Cardiology Technician, Massage Therapy, Medical Assistant, Medical Insurance Biller, Medical Business Specialist, Vascular Technologist and more.
MIAT College of Technology (Canton, MI): Aviation, Energy Technology, HVACR Technician, Robotics and Automation and Welding Specialist programs.
MI Road 2 Work: Information of trade industry apprenticeships. How to apply, requirements and who to contact about apprenticeships in 24 different areas of work.
Scholarships for Vocational/Technical Schools:
Vocational Scholarships - comprehensive list of scholarships available for vocational career options.
Pay attention to individual deadlines for each scholarship! Please read the application instructions on each website before applying.
Michigan State University - MSU Michigan Resident Scholarship
- Students are automatically considered for this scholarship once an application to MSU is submitted.
"No Sweat" Scholarship - A secure, free platform for students to create an electronic portfolio showcasing their holistic skills and achievements.
- $2,500 quarterly scholarships
- No GPA requirement
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in 8th-12th grade. Homeschooling qualifies as well.
- Scholarship can be used for any educational purpose from books to summer camp.
- Deadline to apply is March 31, 2022.
- Applicants must have a parent that is a member of the Michigan Retailers Association.
- 12 one-year scholarships in the amount of $3,500 will be awarded.
- Applicants should apply online at the link above.
- Deadline to apply is April 1, 2022.
Southeast Michigan Omega Foundation Incorporated Scholarship (SMOFI) - The Southeast Michigan Omega Foundation, Inc., is a non-profit organization providing four-year scholarship awards, renewable over three years with a total value of $6,000.
- Open to African-American male seniors who attend high school in Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw or Wayne Counties.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Will attend a 4 year college/university beginning Fall 2022.
- Applications and material must be submitted by email only by Friday, April 15, 2022.
Homer J. Van Hollenbeck Foundation Scholarship - click on the link to complete the application.
- Open to all Macomb County District students.
- $3,000 scholarships awarded to hard-working current high school seniors.
- Must maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher and demonstrate financial need.
- Applicants must also begin college full-time in the fall of 2022.
- Deadline to apply is May 31, 2022.
- Recipients of the scholarship will be notified in July.
- The largest and most comprehensive source for finding scholarships online and is 100% free for students to use. Sign up at Newsletter to receive a monthly scholarship newsletter directly to your email.
FREE SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH SERVICES
When applying for scholarships, please remember:
- You should NEVER pay to apply for a scholarship
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Beware of "guaranteed" scholarships, or any unsolicited offer. Scholarship programs will never just offer you money unsolicited.
- Mission is to bring awareness to scholarships and extracurricular competitions to help high school students earn "free money" for college tuition.
- Scholarships are available for students attending a college/university or a technical school.
- Connect with scholarships, colleges, financial aid and more.
- Find and apply for scholarships via a CommonApp type experience.
- Find scholarships, other financial aid and internships from more than 2,200 programs.
- Supporting students for over 60 years.
- Complete a profile and get matched instantly for scholarship you qualify for.
- HACU represents more than 500 colleges and universities committed to Hispanic higher education success in the US, Puerto Rico, Latin America and Spain.